FYI for now I have disabled the VM and simply spun up the Windows LMS
app - it's far less trouble right now.

That said I will most definitely re-create an Ubuntu VM with better
built-in portability, but it will require a little research. :-) Fact of
the matter is that the old VM has been very temperamental in the new
environment, with shared directories crapping out, mysteriously changed
permissions and so on. So I'll start from scratch.

...p

...pablo
Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation 14 Pro) running Ubuntu
16.04 + LMS 7.9
System: SB Touch --optical->- Benchmark DAC2HGC --AnalysisPlus Oval
Copper XLR->- NAD M22 Power Amp --AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval->- Totem
Element Fire
Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem
DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
Computer audio: workstation --USB->- audioengine D1 -> Grado
PS500e/Shure 1540