The main unit's away having the top "French Polished" (don't know how
that translates, particularly into French). It had suffered some usage
marks in it's 56 year history.

The top of the unit is made from two solid walnut panels each about 18mm
thick 1800mm long and 230mm wide. If you had to make it again in this
country you'd be looking at c 500.00 Euro just for the wood for the top
of the unit.

I'm busy staining some walnut veneered mdf panels to fill in the holes
where the record player and the old (MegaWatt) Tuner Amp used to go.

Another new skill I'm learning - but very satisfying.

It's meant to be a heirloom for the family, but they'll have to wait a
while.

I'm thinking of doing a YouTube video when it's finished but I always
forget to take pictures at each stage.

*Music Store & VPN Server: *Synology DS215J NAS*
Home Server/Player:* LMS 7.9.2 on Pi 3B piCorePlayer v4.0 Server/IQAudio
Digi+
*Homeplug & LAN Players: *Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC
*UPNP Wifi Players:* Samsung Soundbar, Chromecast Audio/Video, Revo
Super-Connect Radio, GGMM-E5 portable
*VPN Mobile & Car Player:* SqueezeControl/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone