paul- wrote:
> what is your goal?  What action are you triggering?
>
> You can do whatever you want with a script, and load it in the user
> commands section of the tweaks page.

Well, this may be a big "nevermind" on my part. I am using a GPIO pin to
toggle a relay which switches out a battery for my DAC when piCorePlayer
is quiescent or shut off by LMS using the PowerSave plugin.

When the player is active, the battery is switched in and powers the DAC
(via an Allo isolator). When it is switched out, the battery gets
connected to a charging circuit.

In my initial testing, I could swear there were a couple of times when
LMS did not shutdown piCorePlayer. When the player was paused, either
through Jivelite of a remote app, it always worked. But there were a
couple of times when I think it did not (like after a reboot). I am
trying to reproduce, but so far it is working so this may be a big
no-op.

However, I still think it would be better to take LMS (and the PowerSave
plugin) out of the loop, and use the Jivelite screensaver as the trigger
for the relay circuit. As far as a script goes, I am thinking it could
query Jivelite to sense the state of the screen saver - or ping the pi
touchscreen controller to see if the screen is lit up. Not being
familiar with the Jivelite code or a way to access the dislplay
controller via software, I thought I would ask here.

Thanks

Whit