Man in a van wrote:

> if down, run

  >   > sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
--------------------

Interesting.  So this suggests that the up/down status of the interface
is persistent in the hardware unless changed by software.  So if a
down with a new installation unless brought up by software.  If that's
correct then it's good to know.  I've tried the installation with three
different Jogglers, and none of them had this problem - presumably
that's because I was previously using Squeezeplay OS with them
wirelessly.

So in terms of automating this within the installation steps, can that
'sudo ifconfig wlan0 up' be run, without causing a problem, even if the
interface is already up?