garym wrote:
> Why not use the turnkey roon bridge program for turning a rPi into a
> Roon endpoint.  Ropieee.  See
> https://www.ropieee.org/
> https://community.roonlabs.com/t/introducing-ropieee-a-roonbridge-to-go-image-for-the-raspberry-pi/24868/502
>
> Active forum for its use here:
> https://community.roonlabs.com/c/audio-products/ropieee

Thanks for your help. But my main use for the RB Pi is as a SB Touch
Replacement, including touch screen functionality. I was simply thinking
that I could also use it as a Roon Bridge occasionally. I don't have any
desire at this point to change it's main function to being a Roon
Bridge. And yes I know you can run an LMS emulator in Roon, but that
cripples lots of the LMS interface and functionality - alarms, plugins,
etc. If my  situation ever changes and I really want it as a Roon
endpoint, I can always give it the ropieee OS instead of piCore.

GIK Acoustics Room Treatments. Isol Line conditioner/protection. iFi AC
iPurifiers>CAPS4 Pipeline w/Sonore PS >Bricasti M5 network player>Kii
Control>Kii Three speakers.iFi iOne+ Schiit Freya Pre for analog. An SB
Touch, Duet Controller,  a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT
emulator in additional rooms.