firedog wrote:
> Thanks for your help. But my main use for the RB Pi is as a SB Touch
> Replacement, including touch screen functionality. I was simply thinking
> that I could also use it as a Roon Bridge occasionally. I don't have any
> desire at this point to change it's main function to being a Roon
> Bridge. And yes I know you can run an LMS emulator in Roon, but that
> cripples lots of the LMS interface and functionality - alarms, plugins,
> etc. If my  situation ever changes and I really want it as a Roon
> endpoint, I can always give it the ropieee OS instead of piCore.

got it. From a post above, evidently not possible with PiCorePlayer.  It
must be possible in some configuration.  Small Green Computer sells
several units (variations of microrendu and in the past the
SonicOrbiter). These are essentially rPi type microcomputers that have a
web interface that allows one to choose between squeezelite, roon
output, and even other things.  Their OS that does all this is
proprietary, but I'm sure it is something put together based on
available software.

p.s. I do the same thing (mostly LMS, but occasional ROON).  My solution
was to put together an additional rPi using Ropieee for use with Roon.

*Home:* VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all
ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
*The Wild (no internet): *PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry
Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay
7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify