Okay, I dug into that rate limiting message.  Since rpi started to merge
some of the 384k support, I decided to start including the full 384k
patch set in the regular kernel.  The PCM5102a driver has a parameter to
the dtoverlay to enable the 384k support.  So that's why that message is
printing.   You can go into card control and check the 384k parameter
and that will enable 384k sample rates for your card.....or just ignore
the message.

The RT throttling message is related to threads marked as SCHED_FIFO in
which I believe that the only process getting set with that scheduling
priority is the output thread in squeezelite.

Is your zero just a player.  Or have you added alot of "extras" that we
offer with pCP.

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer