paul- wrote:
> I would call that severely overloaded for a zero.  Shairport sync can
> definitely cause squeeze lite to crash, as only one player can have the
> audio output open at a time.
>
> I would disable shairport for a while and see if that helps.   There is
> a LMS plugin for shairport that integrates much better.
Just a quick follow up on this, I've disabled Shairport sync on the
PiZero and so far so good.

I've also stopped streaming from Deezer as I've found it can cause
issues on any device using LMS, even the Squeezebox Boom. It would cause
devices to freeze if the stream doesn't work and LMS can become slow to
respond.

I have not had the PiZero crash/freeze/vanishing device since, I'll
check out the LMS plugin for shairport also. :) I only use AirPlay
occasionally.