Man in a van wrote:
> Can you tell me the .extension version of LMS you are installing?
>
> thanks
>
> ronnie

I think I have cracked it.

I found castalla's post where he did

> Edit the /etc/fstab file.  Remove the line containing the   tmpfs
> /var/log   setting

I have

  #
  # Use 'blkid -o value -s UUID' to print the universally unique identifier
  # for a device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name
  # devices that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
  #
  proc     /proc                proc    nodev,noexec,nosuid   0    0
  tmpfs    /tmp                 tmpfs   noatime,size=192M     0    0
  #tmpfs    /var/log             tmpfs   noatime,size=16M      0    0

  UUID=0ece7b10-742d-11ea-825f-a7606a76fcf5   /       ext2
errors=remount-ro,n$
  LABEL=BOOTFCF5   /boot   vfat    defaults                          0    0

which I commented out.

It took a couple of reboots but seems to be working.

I had tried all the debs and the i386 and could not get any of them to
persist at reboot.

I'll be able to use my Cisco joggler with jivelite :)

ronnie