Greg Erskine wrote:
> It wasn't clear to me if you are using piCorePlayer's [ Tweaks ] >
> Wake-on-LAN (WOL) to setup WOL. I am not familar with Jivelite's WOL.
>
> Are you getting a message "Sending WOL magic packet" in the Boot log? [
> Main page ] > [ Diagnostics ] > [ Logs ] select Boot.

I added the MAC address in Jivelite, but later on I entered in the
Tweaks page and the MAC address was there too. So I assumed they were
equivalent.

paul- wrote:
> That's a crazy setup.  Running wireshark on your PC likely wont help, as
> the WOL packet is sent to a specific Mac Address (Not broadcast)   The
> switches will filter that activity going to your PC.
> Try sending the WOL packet to your PC's mac address.   That will at
> least tell you if its getting there.
>
> My guess is that the "Travel Router" is blocking the activity.
> Connect the pi via the ethernet port to the same switch the NAS is
> plugged into to validate things are woking.

I thought the -b switch would make it a broadcast.

Anyway... I was working today when I heard the NAS starting up (the fan
is quite noisy, I need to replace it). I went upstairs and my wife had
just turned on the piCorePlayer. So I guess it fixed itself somehow. Go
figure...

I appreciate your help. If it starts acting up again, I already have a
couple of things to try.

Thank you both,

VMat