newgrange28 wrote:
> LMS is running on a laptop about 15 feet away, files on an external HD.
> Laptop is connected to router via ethernet.

Hmmm, with computer running LMS ethernet connected and files directly
connected to laptop (i.e., not a NAS), then you really shouldn't be
having any issues.  Maybe you have some WIFI channel interference. Use
some sort of wifi channel sniffer to see what WIFI channels are in use
in your area. Choose a channel that is not heavily used nearby, and
choose only channel 1, 6, or 11. Do not use "auto".  All this wifi
channel stuff would be in your router settings.

*Home:* VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all
ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
*The Wild (no internet): *PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry
Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay
7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify