But we have these recipes already.

I'm still low in the learning curve. But last time I tried to use LMS inside Docker (I believe incl. your image), it didn't work for me. But that's probably been a year ago.

I'd have quite a few questions wrt. to your image I'd be happy to discuss with you. And yes, I'd consider building images whenever builds are run. Just make them part of the build pipeline I already have to create the other builds. Because why not? :-). And because it would also allow us to not have to download 200MB of mostly unused binaries. If we settled for one linux base image, we'd know the binaries required for eg. x86_64 and aarch64, and could strip out all the rest.

So, if I may:

- locale: can this be defined based on the host system's locale instead of setting it in the dockerfile?

- do I understand correctly that your image would run on "any" hardware platform that LMS and Docker support, because you pull in the full fat _all deb image?

- you install a bunch of tools like espeak, faad, faac, ffmpeg etc. which either are not used by LMS, or come shipped with LMS. Why are they required?

- you open up ports 9005, 9010 - what are they needed for?

- would Spotty work inside such an image? I see that you forward 5353 which might be part of what's required.

- what about popular plugins like philippe_44's, which expose virtual player? Would they be working, because the helper would run inside the container (while talking to devices outside)? Or would they fail to eg. find speakers, because they're on a different network?

- I left a comment on github about the MIP patch you apply. I'd be happy to merge it to LMS if you provided a PR.

--

Michael