I've been using piCorePlayer for about a month and it is really great.
Thank you to the team for the great work!

I've been playing with a python3/luma OLED display script and noticed
the font rendering is not very pretty on pCP 6.1.0.  I think this is due
to an old version of libfreetype (2.7.1).  There was a fix to improve
truetype font rendering in 2.8.x according to
https://www.freetype.org/index.html#news and I can confirm the fonts
render nicely with 2.9.1 on dietpi/raspbian.

Is it possible to update these packages to a more recent version?  I
attempted to build it myself but hit a wall due to missing libglib.a
under pCP.

Also wondered (and searched threads without success) if this is
something that I could update from the official tinycore repo
(http://repo.tinycorelinux.net/) but my pCP extensions page says 0
packages are available from that repo.  Not sure if this is expected.

30848

Thank you!

|Filename: officialrepopackages.png                                 |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30848|