shunte88 wrote:
> hi @blackbird
>
> TL;DR fonts are hard coded and basic, potential future enhancement but
> nothing soon.
>
> And the long winded rambling version :)
>
> The fonts that the display uses are actually hard-code bitmaps, tiles,
> and they're limited to the ASCII set only - for the clock "fonts" its
> actually more restrictive, numbers, a space, a colon, a hyphen, and just
> recently the AM/PM tiles is all that's defined.
>
> So there's no real fonts in use and along with that no language
> specifics and no Unicode.  Everything beyond the base library fonts I've
> had to draw, store or code.  Labor of love - it keeps me off the streets
> ;)
>
> Google '"c" font library OLED' and you'll see how restrictive this
> implementation is.
>
> I'm looking for a new library at the moment that supports many flavors
> of OLED without having to code up a driver every time a new device pops
> up.
>
> There are several offerings for python and in the C universe some
> feature rich arduino examples.  Monitor lives in the C world to keep it
> small and tight, I'd much prefer to be developing in several other
> languages, python, golang, rust, but they are not as controlled and
> "tight". Actually rust likely comes close.
>
> Python luma.oled supports fonts on the fly, and that's the type of
> facility I'd be looking for.
>
> There's a font conversion tool that takes a standard font and converts
> to a bitmap tile set, I used it to generate a couple of test fonts but
> didn't carry it any further.  That utility is written in, of course,
> python...
>
> Could be easy enough to reverse engineer and embed, but again if I can
> find a library and use wholesale all the better.
>
> Fonts open a bit of a can of worms.  We've minimal pixels / restricted
> real-estate.  All the layout math assumes proportional fonts - they're
> all fixed tile sizes - makes it a bit easier.
>
> Again a good library would sort this I'm sure.
>
> I have another project in the 'repo'
> (https://github.com/shunte88/rgbclock) that uses RGB panels as the
> display.
>
> It too has LMS monitoring, includes visualization, VU and spectra,
> weather, even public transport services, and a rather cool clock face if
> I say so myself.  You can specify fonts so it supports language
> specifics and Unicode,the graphics use SVG so they too can be modified,
> some of it is code generated though...
>
> [image:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/shunte88/rgbclock/master/assets/rgbclock4vu.gif]
>
> So anything can be done, with compliant hardware, feature rich open
> source offerings, and of course time.

Thank you for a detailed description. In order to support fonts other
than English, it seems that there is no choice but to sacrifice the
advantage of being light and fast. I am still satisfied enough now.

I have two questions.

1. I'm using an ssd1306 0.96" OLED i2c panel. Will the VU meter not
appear in this environment? (Limit screen size and resolution?)

RPi3B+, picoreplayer 6.1.0
I used the command as below.

gomonitor rn -o3 -f11

Use -v option to squeezlite and 1 option to use shared memory

2. The temperature unit of the weather is displayed in Fahrenheit. I
can't find a way to change it to Celsius.

31561

|Filename: 2020-09-16 11.35.23.jpg                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31561|