While testing pCP7, I discovered there is a problem with the pi3B+
network adapter.   It does not properly detect the carrier, and also
will not come back up if you issue an ifconfig eth0 down command.   One
would think that it would not matter for AP mode, but since I'm really
configuring pCP as a router, this is hanging things up on the 3B+

There has been no fix for this since the board was released...... going
back to at least 4.4.y kernels.  There are a few open issues on Github,
I just pinged one of them to get their attention again.  There is a very
complicated work around, just hoping I can get RPi to fix it properly.

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer