diode84 wrote:
> Hello
> I have just got a Pi3B+, I could change it for a Pi4. Would this be a
> good idea.
> Only use for it is to run pCP, I had heard problems of large power
> consumption and heatsinks so got a 3B+.
> Should I change it, if so what memory.
> Thanks and Happy whatever you celebrate or don't.
> diode84

3B+ runs LMS very well and works as a player well too.  Some people like
the 4, because the ethernet and USB paths are separate, so those that
use a USB connected DAC to the rPi4 seem to like this potential
improvement.  I have one instance of LMS running on a 3B+ and it's very
snappy and works well with about 115,000 tracks. I don't use the USB out
for a DAC (this 3B+ uses a hifiberry DAC+ hat instead to feed a preamp).

*Home:* VBA2.5 4TB -or- rPi4B-8GB/pCP7.0/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter,
Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 8.0.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>foobar2000
*The Wild: *rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS &
Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin,
or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
*Files:* -Ripping-: dbpoweramp > FLAC; -Post-rip-: mp3tag, PerfectTunes,
TuneFusion; -Streaming:- Spotify