Greg Erskine wrote:
> hi JulianH,
>
> The last line of wpa_supplicant.conf should have a:
>
> }
>
> It's weird that you had 3 failures! Most of my pCP are wireless so the
> building and upgrade processes with wifi gets a lot of testing.
>
> It may be having no security is the problem because I never test that
> and I guess not many people would use it either, so no user feedback.
>
> Its not clear to me what method you are using to setup wifi.
>
> If you put
>
> # Maintained by user
>
> in your wpa_supplicant.conf then pCP will not attempt to *fix* it.
>
> regards
> Greg

My network is unencrypted ..... we are 0.5km away from public!

The players were using "#Maintained by user" in the wpa_supplicant.conf.
I have tried setting up a test encrypted SSID. AND it all works
perfectly!

So the problem seems to be that the Security Mode will NOT accept OPEN.
When I first set up WiFI I seem to remember I had problem using the PCP
interface hence why i maintained my own wpa_supplicant.conf file.  But
even that seems to be broken.  I can set up a dedicated secured channel
on my WAPS but I have 8 of them and it is rather painful setting up a
dedicated channel for PCP.

Just to flag the issue in case you have a suggestion.  My original
wpa_supplicant.conf was

network={
ssid="Vicarage"
key_mgmt=NONE