Yes, "NIC" is the the transmitting computer.

The form gets its input from the config file, so what you see is what
is/will be saved. (/usr/local/etc/pcp/pcp.cfg)

You can view "pCP Configuration" via [Main Page] > [Diagnostics] >
[Logs] > "pCP Configuration"

Look for variables WOL, WOL_NIC, WOL_LMSMACADDRESS

The is no feedback from the "ether-wake" command. The command will run
ok, but there is no guarantee that the destination computer did
anything.

I set my Windows 10 PC (wired network) to sleep then rebooted
piCorePlayer. Windows 10 PC woke up.

I set my Windows 10 Laptop (wifi) to sleep then rebooted piCorePlayer.
Nothing happened!!