Greg Erskine wrote:
> Yes, "NIC" is the the transmitting computer.
>
> The form gets its input from the config file, so what you see is what
> is/will be saved. (/usr/local/etc/pcp/pcp.cfg)
>
> You can view "pCP Configuration" via [Main Page] > [Diagnostics] >
> [Logs] > "pCP Configuration"
>
> Look for variables WOL, WOL_NIC, WOL_LMSMACADDRESS
>
> The is no feedback from the "ether-wake" command. The command will run
> ok, but there is no guarantee that the destination computer did
> anything.
>
> I set my Windows 10 PC (wired network) to sleep then rebooted
> piCorePlayer. Windows 10 PC woke up.
>
> I set my Windows 10 Laptop (wifi) to sleep then rebooted piCorePlayer.
> Nothing happened!!

Ok so I checked the pcp.cfg file and it sure looks like my correct
settings is saved there but sadly still no go, i.e my server doesn.t
wake up when PcP boot.

WOL="yes"
WOL_NIC="eth0"
WOL_LMSMACADDRESS="my_servers_mac"

Had to google a bit to find the correct command for testing when PcP is
running and then when from putty go; sudo ether-wake "my_servers_mac" it
seemingly never fails to wake my server (tested 4-5 five times) ...
:confused::confused::mad:

so any ideas anyone?

Only thing I can come up withj is if it might be that the WoL magic
packet is sent too early in the bootprocess somehow, ie before the NIC
is 100% running. Could that be possible? If so, would it be possible to
"delay" this command? How?

Aah s**t! just come to think about that I haven't mentioned I've PcP
installed on external USB stick, e,g I don't use the internal microSD.
Could that be the problem?