Greg Erskine wrote:
> Thanks mr-b
>

> I think this can happen if you don't quite wait for the initial screen
> to complete. The proceeding pages work from info generated on the first
> page.
>

> I did change this in pCP7.0.0 but I think it is highlighting another
> issue rather than not working correctly. A RPi4B boots in 20secs + 10sec
> to shutdown + 10sec if using wifi, giving the 40 seconds reboot delay.
> The RPi boot time is worked out from the timestamp in dmesg. Following
> your observation, I have double checked the RPi4B boot time and have
> noticed while it usually boots in 19sec sometimes it takes 41sec Don't
> know why? Seems consistent either 19sec or 41sec.
>
> We have had some "random seed" generation issue with the latest kernel
> which were causing variable boot times on certain RPi models depending
> on USB hardware. :confused:
>
> regards
> Greg
Tx Greg - the internet/dns/repo availbility was showing as Available for
all, that why I was mystified when the next tab showed the repos were
not! I don't think I was hurrying through the pages, but maybe there was
a DNS glitch ...

The reboot time variability seems pretty mad - though I've seen some USB
devices often delay PCs at boot times. I bet there's a rPi boot time
Olympics somewhere! Thankfully my pCPs hardly ever need rebooting! :-)