Hello Paul, happy new year!
And thanks for this new major version ;o)
I upgraded one of my pis (a Pi 2 Model B) to this new release (burnt
from image) and installed LMS, extra filesystems support. When I went to
install exFAT a message said it was already installed.
Yet in the mount USB disk utility it still asks "Please install
exfat-utils.tcz" and won't mount anything.
I tried rebooting, repeating the steps, rebooting between each step,
installing from the extensions utility... it always tells me it's
already installed, but still asks for it in the USB section.
Any idea on how to get over that?
Thanks in advance!

Syno 415+ with LMS 7.9 -> Picoreplayer 5.0 with Audio-GD I2S hdmi output
-> PS Audio DirectStream -> Karan KAL reference mkIII-> 2x Karan KAM 900
-> Usher BE20 DMD. All powered from PS Audio P10.