shunte88 wrote:
> @Aki7 I've quite the collection of DAC's I upgrade at least one device
> once a year and I've never had an issue
>
> Not sure whats going on with your setup.
>
> The monitor does not interact with the DAC in anyway shape or form, and
> it doesn't care if a DAC is attached or not, nor if a hat, USB flavor,
> audio over HDMI or the on-board audio is involved.
>
> Pseudo Power Save is functioning on two of my test setups as well as
> being tested against a Touch - they all function the same.
>
> Its a soft power-off - power off through the webend and the OLED fades
> to black.  Note this is not a hard power-off - unplugging the power on
> the device - the warnings functionality implemented October/November
> would trigger there.
>
> Were simply reading the power attribute that the server publishes, not
> too complex - its either a 1 (on) or 0 (off)
>
> SO THAT SAID, AND APOLOGIES FOR THE LABORED RESPONSE, COULD YOU ADD THE
> VERBOSE SWITCH AND POST THE OUTPUT. THERE ARE MESSAGES THAT FLAG THE
> POWER MODE OF THE DEVICE SO LETS START THERE.
>
> @psketch - Audiophonics pinged me back in November/December with offers
> of help.  The SSD1322 is implemented in the current build but I've yet
> to kick the tires and ensure its fit for purpose.  Driving the device is
> only half the solution as where possible I'd like to take advantage of
> everything the device offers, more real-estate so side by side meter
> modes as well as gray scale graphics.
>
> It is an awfully nice unit and I've had it sitting on my bench for
> months now and Id really like it up and running in a new setup I'm
> currently building - when I find the time to assemble the mono-blocks
> and power supplies.  So many projects ;|
>
> I'm going to shoot for the end of the week to bless the build and then
> I'll progress the graphics additions
>
> I've trimmed a good bit of fat the last couple of releases so I want to
> avoid taking the build in the wrong direction.  It may be a separate
> binary - same repo just another make definition.
>
> My 1322 rig is sitting here on the bench as I type so I'll be bringing
> it online shortly and getting to work. Its a bare bones standalone - a
> 1G Pi4 which I don't mind bricking as I beat on code - the Audiophonics
> setup not so much ;)
>
> Ill keep you all posted re-progress.

Thanks for the update.  It does look like a really exciting addition to
the pcp family if it's fully working.  The original stereo DAC is very
well reviewed (same one as in the volumio Primo I think), but this is
the new dual mono version, so even better :-)  If you can add in support
for the second screen, I do feel like we may have a transporter
replacement device.  Now, it's not cheap, but a) it's WAY less than the
transporter's were and b) it's in the same ball park as other decent
DACs plus Pi4 - add in the nice case as a lovely OLED and you could
almost convice yourself it's a bargain!