Here is a build I just finished using the 3.5" Osoyoo display. I used a
2U "Galaxy" chassis from the 'DIY Audio Store'
(https://diyaudiostore.com/collections/galaxy/products/2u-w-steel-covers?variant=12174833028)
and had them custom CNC the front panel.

This photo shows the display mounted to the back of the panel in a
recessed cavity and held in place by 4 plastic clips. Also, a rotary
encoder which I set up to allow navigation of the piCorePlayer display.
Details of that are in 'this post'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107001-ANNOUNCE-SqueezeButtonPi-Tool-to-use-buttons-and-rotary-encoders-on-a-RPi&p=1010055&viewfull=1#post1010055).

33672

Here is the interior. The Pi is on the left and the 5 Volt linear power
supply board (which I had leftover from another project) is next to it.
I am using a 'Khadas Tone 1 USB DAC' (https://www.khadas.com/tone1). I
had to replace the short Osoyoo cable with a longer one, which I got
from Amazon - make sure you get a type A flat cable (the Raspberry Pi
version is type B and won't work with the Osoyoo).

33673

Here is the back of the unit. I am also using a USB Wifi dongle and an
RF remote.

33674

And here is the front of the completed project. The only thing left to
do is to figure out how to adjust the backlight, which is a little too
bright. The standard piCorePlayer adjustment does not work since it does
not recognize the Osoyoo as an official Raspberry Pi display. Osoyoo has
a suggestion in their user manual, but that does not work on the
piCorePlayer distro.

33675

|Filename: IMG_1094.jpg                                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33675|