OK this is mine, running on a pi

> pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo service squeezelite status
> ● squeezelite.service - LSB: Lightweight headless Squeezebox
> emulator
> Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/squeezelite; generated)
> Active: active (running) since Sun 2021-03-14 12:25:34 GMT; 52s ago
> Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
> Process: 578 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/squeezelite start (code=exited,
> status=0/SUCCESS)
> Tasks: 4 (limit: 4915)
> CGroup: /system.slice/squeezelite.service
> └─589 /usr/bin/squeezelite -n raspberrypi -o
> hw:CARD=Pro,DEV=0 -C 5
>
> Mar 14 12:25:34 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Lightweight
> headless Squeezebox emulator...
> Mar 14 12:25:34 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started LSB: Lightweight
> headless Squeezebox emulator.
> pi@raspberrypi:~ $

The red highlighted bit is missing from your post, I would suggest
trying one of the following as output

> sysdefault:CARD=Set            - C-Media USB Headphone Set, USB Audio -
> Default Audio Device
> front:CARD=Set,DEV=0           - C-Media USB Headphone Set, USB Audio -
> Front speakers
> hw:CARD=Set,DEV=0              - C-Media USB Headphone Set, USB Audio -
> Direct hardware device without any conversions
> plughw:CARD=Set,DEV=0          - C-Media USB Headphone Set, USB Audio -
> Hardware device with all software conversions

I would go for plughw :)

save and reboot

This is my sudo nano /etc/default/squeezelite

> # Defaults for squeezelite initscript
> # sourced by /etc/init.d/squeezelite
> # installed at /etc/default/squeezelite by the maintainer scripts
>
> # The name for the squeezelite player:
> SL_NAME="$(hostname -s)"
>
> # ALSA output device:
> SL_SOUNDCARD="hw:CARD=Pro,DEV=0"
>
> # Squeezebox server (Logitech Media Server):
> # Uncomment the next line if you want to point squeezelite at the IP
> address of
> # your squeezebox server. This is usually unnecessary as the server is
> # automatically discovered.
> #SB_SERVER_IP="192.168.x.y"
>
> # Additional options to pass to squeezelite:
> # Please do not include -z to make squeezelite daemonise itself.
> SB_EXTRA_ARGS="-C 5"

if you have success, then consider updating squeezelite

And welcome to the forum

And I know nowt about the home automation thingy, sorry :(

ronnie