mvordeme wrote:
> That is a fact which makes investigating the problem difficult. When
> there are 500 open file handles, it is difficult to keep track of what
> is happening.
>
> I understand from the code that with a memory configuration of high, the
> process should not use up more than 500 MB of memory. Is that correct?

No, AFAIK, 500 is the number of cached tracks. After that, they should
be closed but I'm not sure that works as expected. I've reduced that to
10 and traced DESTROY it's very unclear to me when it happens, except
when you terminate the slimserver process. The code is in
/usr/share/perl5/Slim (from memory)

LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet,
1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,
Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3