philippe_44 wrote:
> I do remember very well the discussion. I have made a few additional
> tests and in fact the DESTROY happens as expected when the cache is set
> to 10 but it need to be created with 10, not modified later at runtime
> as I was doing before.
>
> Still, that does not solve the issue of open handles. I guess we can
> tolerate a large number of files in temp, but we can’t have them opened.
> According to what I have read, File:.Temp unlinks the file when it is
> closed, so I would need to do something different like having a temp
> file that I only unlink in DESTROY but is closed unless the header is
> needed ... crap, that means I cannot rely on File:Temp for the random
> path/name generation and I need to memorize the name and reopen/close it
> all the time. I was hoping that the cache of $tracks would be
> decorrelated from playlist length and that LMS would re-read the ones
> that went out of LRU cache. Un

I know you don’t see edits so I’ll answer myself. It seems that the new
of File::Temp has an UNLINK option to prevent deletion on close. I’ve
looked at the code and it’s likely easy to to reopen/re-read the content
where I need it as it is very located in the code.

So likely good news and à PR in the coming days

LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet,
1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,
Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3