sbp wrote:
> For me the ranges is saved correctly if I add 44100-768000 in the max
> sample rate box in the UI and press The “save” button.
> Then checking the Squeezelite command string   'more>'
> (http://192.168.0.216/cgi-bin/squeezelite.cgi?#) I have the correct
> string -o hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -a 80:4::1: -r 44100-768000

Its converting the dash to a space for me.

Either way, the -C option isnt working for me with -r 768000.  Does it
really need a range for -C to work?  That seems like a needless
requirement.

I'm thinking a more robust solution would be to have udev wait for a
remove event of the current audio device and shut down squeezelite.  If
there is a valid audio device left, switch the config to it (maybe with
a blacklist) and configure the device for squeezelite and restart it.

Udev should also wait for insertion of ANY audio device, and upon
insertion configure the new device for squeezelite and restart it.  The
security issue above would also be fixed by sending only "add" or
"remove" to the atnowd script (likely renamed), which would be modified
to switch over the two valid commands and act accordingly, modifying
udev and other config files as needed without additional scripts.  I
might code this up this weekend (but coding is a pain right now since I
broke my hand).  If I get it coded up, this would make USB devices
plug-n-play and hot pluggable as they should be.  The only issue would
be that shutting down squeezelite makes it forget its position in the
playlist - maybe someone else can fix that?

The script would run at boot before squeezelite to auto-configure the
USB device at boot (not changing settings if the currently configured
device exists), write the udev config, and then block on the fifo for
changes from udev.

Thoughts?