brainchild wrote:
> Someone mentioned that -Material Design- is a web page that may be run
> without a browser or even an Electron shell. I would like to understand
> this better.

Material -Skin- being a single-page Javascript web-app requires a HTML
redering engine - which a browser or Electron would provide. (AFAIK,
Electron -is- chromium just packed per-app). I have written a smalll Qt
app that uses Blink (chromium's rendering engine) which I currently use
for displaying LMS. See https://github.com/CDrummond/qwebappwrapper
Perhaps this is what you are referring to? I have thought about
expandnig this to be LSM specific, and add things such as server
discovery, MPRIS, etc., but am too busy at the moment and it currently
suffices for my needs.

*Material debug:* 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json
(Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update
messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open
console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS
will be logged here.