brainchild wrote:
> Thank you for the responses.
>
> I understand that Material Skin is a single-page web application that
> may be served from LMS or stored on a client. For a cleaner style, it
> may be preferred to load it from an application that operates as a
> standalone wrapper. In principle, the application might be packaged as
> an Electron application, although no one has attempted the work for such
> a migration.
>
> I also understand that SqueezePlay may be run as a native application on
> Linux system, although the maintainer no longer publishes a Debian
> package. Installation and upgrading is completely manual.
>
> Because no Debian package is available, I have 'requested a Pacstall
> build script'
> (https://github.com/pacstall/pacstall-programs/issues/1736), which would
> support automatic installation and upgrades on systems running Ubuntu or
> Ubuntu-based distributions, for anyone who uses 'Pacstall'
> (https://pacstall.dev).

Nativefier (github.com/nativefier/nativefier) is a little open source
program which allows you to turn any website/URL into an app with native
integration. It uses Electron/Chromium and provides many options. It's
easy to use.
WebCatalog (webcatalog.io) is even easier to use and utilises the same
software but is not entirely free. However it does provide additional
features such as per-app settings pages, 'spaces' for groups of apps,
on the free tier which is limited to 10 apps.
There are other similar options out there.