brainchild wrote:
> Thank you for the responses.
>
> I understand that Material Skin is a single-page web application that
> may be served from LMS or stored on a client. For a cleaner style, it
> may be preferred to load it from an application that operates as a
> standalone wrapper. In principle, the application might be packaged as
> an Electron application, although no one has attempted the work for such
> a migration.
>
> I also understand that SqueezePlay may be run as a native application on
> Linux system, although the maintainer no longer publishes a Debian
> package. Installation and upgrading is completely manual.
>
> Because no Debian package is available, I have 'requested a Pacstall
> build script'
> (https://github.com/pacstall/pacstall-programs/issues/1736), which would
> support automatic installation and upgrades on systems running Ubuntu or
> Ubuntu-based distributions, for anyone who uses 'Pacstall'
> (https://pacstall.dev).

Here's a little Python script I threw together the other day, tested on
Armbian Linux and ChromeOS.  It will monitor any of your LMS endpoints,
with remote control switching.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?116819-Inovato-Quadra-29-Squeezelite-player&p=1064264&viewfull=1#post1064264

piTouch™ w/JustBoom DigiHat -> RME ADI-2 DAC FS -> JBL 305P MkII
monitors; LMS 8.2 on piCorePlayer/Pi 4;  Material Skin.