Hi ronnie, how is it going? :)

Man in a van wrote:
> Hola¡
>
> I think you may have a dac configuration problem.

well, I think there is a grey area yes between squeezebox and my
topping. I would summarise like this: If my squeezebox was powered off
and I power it on, everything works just fine. However, when I stop
using my system, my squeezebox remains on but I switch off the DAC and
the amp. And the nightmares start here. If then I switch the topping
back on, no sound will be played. The DAC and squeezebox don't get along
well after going into stand-by.

> Please report what happens when you connect the dac via a usb 2 cable to
> your mac and use the Tidal Desktop app tp play back a hi res file.

It works well with a small "but": I see the MQA logo on the screen, yet
sampling frequency never goes beyond 44.1Khz. I would like to evaluate
why this is the case but this is not annoying. The standby stuff is very
annoying.

> Configure the output for Passthrough and Exclusive mode. Maybe try force
> volume later  ?

yep, this is key to ensure MQA is sent to the DAC. Thanks!

> What is yout power supply for the dac?

a AC to 5v power brick that I had laying

> Welterusten :)

hehe :)

> Edit check if your firmware is up to date on the Topping (don't change
> it if there is a difference)
will report back on this. thanks!!!