@KITUS
> The DAC and squeezebox don't get along well after going into stand-by.

What if you leave the dac to go into standby ?

Which Squeezebox do you have ? Is it a raspberry pi  with pCP ?

You have so many different posts, could you please post a list of your
playback chain, for example, my current one is:

raspberrypi 3b+   > Squeezelite player-Allo Digione HAT >
Quad CDP-2 dac > Active Mackie speakers

I have run a similar system

Squeezelite player-Raspberry pi Zero USB > Topping DX3 Pro > Active
Mackie speakers

Both the Topping (like yours) and the Mackies have Auto-sensing and
power down when there is no signal.

I had everything powered from a power strip.

My shut-down routine was to use a remote software command to stop the
piZero 2-W (sent from a mobile phone) wait a short while for the Topping
and Mackies to de-activate and then power off the strip.

To start up I just powered the strip on and music began to play in less
than a minute.

I think you need something like tihis

https://docs.picoreplayer.org/projects/autostart-squeezelite-from-usb-dac/

which I think I have seen referenced in a reply to one of your posts (or
maybe not:)).

Using the Tidal Desktop app you say

> I see the MQA logo on the screen, yet sampling frequency never goes
> beyond 44.1Khz

This must be either a configuration error or a faulty device

I have trialled Tidal HiFi a few times and using the Desktop app on both
a Mac and  Windows machine I only see  44.1  reported on a Topping E30.

Trialling the Tidal HiFI-Plus on the same equipment I have seen 44.1,
88.2 and 192 rates reported on the E30.

I don't have an MQA dac, (actually I have one that will act as a
renderer, hut needs a firmware update) let alone an E50 and that is one
of the problems with trying to determine what advice/suggestions might
help you to resolve your problems.

The fallback is guesswork a lot of the time:(:rolleyes:

ronnie