I'm going to go against the "flow" here...

I've never used a router to reserve addresses, I set the DHCP range on
the router to be relatively small and then use the non DHCP unallocated
blocks of addresses for types of devices that I may need to manage...
and allocate and configure a fixed IP address for each of those
devices... even the SB Players.

So for example

DHCP Range (x40) 192.168.0.10-50 - For transient devices that do not
need to be managed by access via IP address

Fixed addresses:
Rpi servers (pCP, PiHole, Webserver, OpenVPN server) 192.168.0.81 to 85
Printer (x1) 192.168.0.61
Network switches (x4) 192.168.0.131 to 134
Network Attached Storage (x3) 192.168.0.201 to 203
Wireless APs (x3) 192.168.0.241 to 243
SB Players (x5) 192.168.0.111 to 115

Only have to do it once per device as I introduce and set it up, if/when
I change router all I have to do is configure it to have the same IP
address, subnet mask and DHCP range as the outgoing router - and all my
"managed" devices reappear with their original assigned IP addresses and
I always know where each device will be address wise when I need to
manage it either via web page, telnet, etc...

I've never had an issue setting up or subsequently finding a device
using this system, yeah it's old school total control stuff but then I
started out before DHCP was introduced to help manage large networks, so
it's no big deal for me.

Kev