KeBul wrote:
> Haha! - Correct I now use Draytek stuff, but I have used BT Hub's in the
> past, they also worked fine in my setup, but I moved away from them
> after BT screwed things up with a pushed TR-069 update.
>
> Point I was trying to make was there should be no issue with setting a
> static IP address on pCP, if you know or can set your routers DHCP range
> then just pick an address outside of that range and configure the pCP
> accordingly in the Main page Beta functions "Static IP" button.
> Help on that states you will need to re-configure the IP address after
> an insitu update - have to say can't ever remember having to do that -
> perhaps I've never done an insitu update.
>
> Kev

I also use Draytek Vigor’s both for me and virtually all my customers.
The dhcp server on them allows you to reserve an IP outside the usual
scope which is very handy for things like servers and printers and other
peripherals that you access via web gui.
You do get what you pay for!

Jim
https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* Joggler & Pi4/Khadas  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s

*Office* Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* SB Radio
*Bedroom (Bedside)* Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Kef ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes