d6jg wrote:
> Methinks you aren't likely to be using a BT Hub!
> I'm also old school and used to do as you do -  particularly servers
> which may need a different gateway for esoteric purposes - but I would
> always use DHCP when it is a wireless device just because it makes
> troubleshooting a little easier.

Haha! - Correct I now use Draytek stuff, but I have used BT Hub's in the
past, they also worked fine in my setup, but I moved away from them
after BT screwed things up with a pushed TR-069 update.

Point I was trying to make was there should be no issue with setting a
static IP address on pCP, if you know or can set your routers DHCP range
then just pick an address outside of that range and configure the pCP
accordingly in the Main page Beta functions "Static IP" button.
Help on that states you will need to re-configure the IP address after
an insitu update - have to say can't ever remember having to do that -
perhaps I've never done an insitu update.

Kev