PompeyTone wrote:
> Thanks all for suggestions.
>
> So today I completed LMS setup on the network at work (downloading &
> installing CIFS interface libraries) and brought my Pi home, mounted the
> remote NAS disk and it all works perfectly. I set the Pi up with a
> static IP address and re-addressed my other 'player' Pi. And now,
> completely unexpectedly the piCorePLayer repositories are available. One
> thing that may have solved it was rebooting my router (which I did
> because the DHCP wasn't doing what it was told initially), which it
> appears I haven't done for 132 days. I guess 'have you tried switching
> it off and back on again' still remains good advice.
>
> Next project - set up the same system with Docker (although am going to
> use another Pi borrowed from work, I'm happy with my LMS and hope to not
> have to touch it for a while).
>
> Many thanks all, Tony

I am doing a fresh install of 8.2.0, having been on 6.1 for ages.  I
have had exactly the same issues as you.  Installed fine but, while it
insists that my Internet and DNS are fine and it can contact the picore
repo, both the picoreplayer main and mirror repo are reported as
inaccessible.  I already have a static IP set, I have tried a bunch of
alternative DNS, I have tried some tweaks on how I route out of my
network, and no success.  I can install extensions from the picore repo
with no issue, but nothing works for the picoreplayer repos.  I can ping
and traceroute to them with no issue from an SSH session on the Pi
itself, and I can access the repo directly from my desktop which has
identical routing and DNS to the Pi.  I have even tried rebooting my
router even though I didn't expect that to change anything.  Still no
access to picoreplayer repos.  I did this all over again with the 64bit
version, having tried 32bit to start (am on a Pi3B+).  Still no success.
Downloaded and installed 8.0.0 instead and it immediately works.  I
have gone back and also tested all the differing networking setups I did
to try and resolve it under 8.2.0, and every single one worked for 8.0.0
with no further actions needed by me.  I also then tried 8.1.0 and that
also worked without issue, can access the repos and install updates.  I
tried an in-situ upgrade from 8.1.0 to 8.2.0 which succeeded however I
then immediately lost access to the repos again.  Reinstalled 8.1.0 and
it was working again.  So I can only conclude that there is either
something wrong somewhere with the 8.2.0 build or it has changed
something fundamental to the way it works that causes issues with
people's network setups that worked perfectly on previous versions.