Gary Thornock wrote:
--- jtaber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
GoogleGroups requires cookies to post and it's my opinion
anything that writes to your hard disk like cookies are evil -
quite the opposite of open source.

Also, unless there's a way to get msgs sent directly to your
email, it also means logging onto the web, to the site,
entering user/password, blah, blah, - not very convenient from
a smart phone.  Also I like the ability to save key messages in
my email for further reference as opposed to going to the group
list and searching.

I've never noticed any of those problems with the urug list,
which is on Google Groups.  That's mainly because yes, there *is*
a way to have the messages sent directly to your email, and to
post back from your email as well.

Thanks, I never knew you could do this - I'll check my google account page but if there's some special way to do it, please let me know.