Hello,
Thank you!

I have another unrelated question, if you don't mind (someone else asked
me this question, but I don't really know the answer):

The person wants to write a portlet that will change its layout somewhat
depending on the column width. For instance, if I have have the portlet on
my page and I go and change my page layout from one-column to two-column,
he wants his portlet to be able to detect that and rearrange its HTML
some, to accommodate the new width.

I think that he was hoping to accomplish this with some javascript that
triggers on load, but I think that page layout changes do not trigger a
page refresh, just some ajax, so his script is not firing off again.

I am thinking that some javascript that detects div resizing (maybe
http://api.jquery.com/resize/ or something like that) might work, but I
figured I would ask in case there is some portlet-specific trigger or API
or something that I don't know about.

So the question is something like: is there a good way for a portlet to
"find out" that the page layout has been changed, so that it can
reorganize itself?

Thank you!
Jerry

--