Thank you for speaking up, Richard. I could not agree more: deployment issues are a critical bottleneck that deserves immediate attention.

Regards,

Derek Bump

On 10/13/23 12:46, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
We see it here in this list. We see it in the forums. We see it wherever app deployment is discussed:

OS requirements for packaging/stapling/signing apps are onerous.

At the edge of, and sometimes exceeding, being prohibitively so.

There's no point in making a standalone if you can't ship it.

If pro devs with decades of experience struggle with this, newcomers will run screaming.

SIMPLIFYING DEPLOYMENT IS THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.

Pardon the all-caps. I rarely use them. But this is important.

Simplifying deployment is more important than "AI".
Simplifying deployment is more important than "nocode".

It is the single biggest pain point.

And so it is the single biggest opportunity.