<note to self: spell and grammar check before posting. Sheesh!>

Bob S

On Aug 7, 2024, at 11:17 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobsnei...@iotecdigital.com> wrote:

On Aug 7, 2024, at 10:47 AM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
<use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

Now, our current problem is that there does not appear to be any tricks to
having variable cell background colors in a Polygrid. Row colors: yes Alternate
Row colors: Yes, Highlight color: Yes, possibly even highlighting different
cell via the pgHilitedData property: maybe (haven't tested yet, but they'd all
be 1 color).

I am not really familiar with the PolyList widget (vs PolyGrid). Has anyone
figured out how to do a spreadsheet-like table in either the PolyGrid or
PolyList with individual cell background coloring?

If not, I'll stick with the Datagrid and add a check for the columns x widths
exceeding the 32K px threshold and just warn the researcher we can't handler
that much data (which dings our product vs competition!)

Right. That has been the problem with widgets that are meant to replace native
controls all along. They do not work the way the native controls work, and they
don’t have the extensive property list that the native control had. Take the
Custom Property Editor itself. It is actually uses a Tree List widget, which is
fine except that there is this anooying need to click something you just edited
again after it was already selected. The old Property Editor did not do that.

The Segmented Control was meant to replace the Tab Panel, but try setting the
widths of the tabs using a comma separated list of integers and you will have
issues.  I had to create buttons that I place over each tab “segment” and put
it all in a group because the widget does not handle mouseUps. In fact, I do
not think any widgets handle mouseUps! I could be mistaken.

Als while they look great, (the old Tab Panel lokked like warmed over dog cr*p
on Windows) their options for modification via script are usually less than the
native object they were meant to produce.

Bob S