Devin: thanks!

"set the $TZ" a perfect little gift on this Happy Makara Sankranti/Thai Pongal.

Big feast day in India today, sun moved into Capricorn, celebrate the post monsoon harvest. Tomorrow we will decorate and worship our lovely New Jersey cows.

see:

http://dev.himalayanacademy.com/tests/dates.lc

"Sweet" - linux web server Cento OS6.2)

How easy is this....
------------------------
<?lc

# copied the list from html source at: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
# stripped the html in BBEdit to save as plain text file
# This server lives in San Francisco and we just leave the box TZ set
# towhere it really is PST.  Other time zones are calculated from there.

put url "file:/home/devhap/public_html/tests/zones.txt" into tZones

repeat for each line x in tZones

# Extract the city  from each line and leave the rest

    set the itemdel to "/"
        if (the number of items of x) = 1 then
            put x into tCity
        else
             put item 2 of x into tCity
        end if

        put x into $TZ
         # or whatever time zone(s) you want to show
         # easy enough to allow the user to enter or pick their city and
         # add a little AJAX for them to fetch their own time, too...
        put shell("date") into tDTstring
        put tCity & ": " & tDTstring & "<br />" after tWorldTimes
end repeat

    put tWorldTimes

-----------------

but now... trick will be: if you want to set a time in advance and then get your list from that and not from the current moment?

put another way: this list is generated for this very moment at "box time" (PST) but if I want to set it to Future Webinar Date/Time and fetch calculated the "World Times" based on that future date/time...

will need to think about that...

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami

Kauai's Hindu Monastery
www.HimalayanAcademy.com

Devin Asay wrote:
In your .lc script do this:

        put "US/Mountain" into $TZ # or whatever time zone you want to show
        put shell("date") into tDTstring

Setting the $TZ variable right before called the date command returns the
date/time the specified timezone. At least it works on the on-rev servers.