Roger Eller wrote:
So that's where the old saying, "your singing would bring a jersey cow to
tears" comes from.<g>

LOL!

Hmmm back on topic:

Requirement: Generate current time list for a *future* time (for scheduled webinar)

OK,  so it is easy enough to get world time from the linux system.

and FYI: LC "internet date" is, happily, using the standard RFC 2822 format and we can invoke this also in the shell:

 -R, --rfc-2822
output date and time in RFC 2822 format. Example: Mon, 07 Aug
              2006 12:34:56 -0600

Check it out now

http://dev.himalayanacademy.com/tests/dates.lc
-----------

?lc

# copied the list from html source at:
# http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
<http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc>

put url "file:/home/devhap/public_html/tests/zones.txt" into tZones

repeat for each line x in tZones
     set the itemdel to "/"
         if (the number of items of x) = 1 then
             put x into tCity
         else
              put item 2 of x into tCity
         end if
      put x into $TZ
      put shell("date -R") into tDTstring
      put tCity&  ": "&  tDTstring&  "<br />" after tWorldTimes
end repeat

     put tWorldTimes
-----------------

but that doesn't actually meet my requirement.
Sure: We get all the times to answer "what time is it now?"

But what if I want to a future time e.g. February 1, 1:30PM HST

and get a list of all dates/times across the globe that are concurrent with
that future date/time?

Maybe I'll ask that on Expert's Exchange... man timezone isn't getting me
anything.

I suppose one algorithm using LC native timedate conversion tools could be.

(the future date in seconds) - (Current time in seconds local time) =
advanceToFutureIncrement

repeat for each concurrent time for now for all cities
    put (city[x] Time Right Now) + advanceToFutureIncrement  into
tFutureWebinarTimeInCity[x]
    put tFutureWebinarTimeInCity[x]  &  "<br />" after tListOfNextWebinarTimes
end repeat

of course the above needs a bit more code, but not much more...

 Brahmanathaswami