On 01/08/2016 05:48 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

But I like LiveCode.  I'd even go so far as to say that I love it.  And
when I see truly massive systems like Eve Online, and efficient systems
like Node.js, I see things that are very close to what LiveCode can do
right now - but is LiveCode close enough to do them?  I don't know.
That's what I'm hoping to learn.

It's an interesting philosophy. I usually go the other way around.
I think part of maturing as a developer is being able to pick an appropriate tool for a given job. I've had to drop LiveCode as a platform for multiple projects when it wasn't up to the job or I hit brick walls with it. I'm not much of a php fan, but if it does the job on the backend I'm fine with using it. Likewise a Rails frontend when LC server isn't up to the task (certificates, totp, etc.).

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com