When I’ve had this problem, it’s because I didn’t pay attention to the name of
the sounds files… I’m pretty sure iOS is case sensitive. I called a name
without matching case. I can’t remember if the sounds played on the simulator
and then failed on the device like you stated… just a thought.

be well,
randy

Randy Hengst
www.classroomFocusedSoftware.com