On 25/03/2016 23:00, Alex Tweedly wrote:

How about a Feature Exchange for adding arrays ?   (i.e. not
dictionaries, but actual arrays with numeric indices and linear access
times)

In LiveCode, we currently call these "proper lists".

LiveCode arrays currently have O(log N) read and insertion complexity in the general case (which is better than linear).

If we were to add proper lists, we would probably use an implementation with O(1) read and O(N) insertion complexity in the general case.

If you need proper lists, LiveCode Builder already provides them with the "List" type.

                                       Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.br...@livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team