On 09/06/2018 03:15 PM, Curry Kenworthy via use-livecode wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Updated stack and more complete results - let me know if you get something very different on your machine.

I've added two additional LC benchmark test variations to the "showdown" test stack. That gives it empty loop (with i) and math-intensive options in the "root loops" button. I felt those were needed to round out the tests and cover more areas.

*Very* interesting. Thanks for the benchmark stack.
I'm seeing similar results to yours here on linux Mint 17.3, with the exception of Append 1280 item texts, where I'm seeing LC9 quite a bit faster than LC6.7.11. It's quite consistent across multiple runs. This may be due to the fact that LC6 is 32-bit and I'm comparing it with a 64-bit LC9. For appending 5 item texts, I see a 3x slowdown in LC9, similar to your results.

Append 345678 Items texts (of 1280):
LC6.7.11 (32-bit):  4894 ms
LC9.01rc3 (64-bit): 3271 ms

--