Skype requires the 16 bit/16k/mono/PCM format. There's no option on this. But I'm getting closer to solving the problem, having figured out where Skype requires the audio file to be placed. Thanks for your suggestion, though.

Richard Miller

Scott Rossi wrote:
Recently, Richard Miller wrote:

I have tried (very carefully) creating my own wav file to Skype's
format:  16 Khz/16 bit/mono/PCM
This gave me the same result: loud static.

My guess is, you are using a "non-standard" (in Rev's view) sampling rate
for the audio.  Revolution prefers "standard" sample rates of 11K/22K/44K
for audio files.  If you can switch the sample rate of your file to 11Khz
(as opposed to 16), I believe you'll get non-static audio.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design