You need end, and the name of the function you're ending (but not the word "function").

FUNCTION getPathToFile pFile
 put the filename of this stack into the theFile
 set the itemdelimiter to slash
 put pFile into the last item of theFile
 return theFile
end getPathToFile

On 2 Sep 2009, at 17:16, Adrian Williams wrote:

Phil,
Already tried just 'end' - it gets the same error!
Adrian