On Sep 8, 2009, at 4:35 AM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

When you upgraded to 10.6 did you have to elect to re-install QT 7? If so,
was it obvious where or how to do so?

Yes, you have to choose it, it is not installed by default.
You have to "Customize" the install to do it.

You only have to choose to install QT7 if you don't have Pro installed on your current OS X install. I just upgraded two machines to Snow Leopard last night. When running the 10.6 installer on the laptop with QT 7 Pro installed QT 7 was automatically checked for install. The machine without QT7 did not automatically check QT 7 for install.

On both machines QTVR files worked after the upgrade (though a couple of VRs on Apple's site failed to load properly on both machines). Since the optional QT 7 install is only 10 MB it leads me to believe that the checkbox only affects the QT 7 application, not the underlying frameworks. I think the QT 7 framework is installed automatically in order to handle old media. I still have to do some more tests to confirm this though.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems