On Sep 8, 2009, at 10:49 AM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

You only have to choose to install QT7 if you don't have Pro installed on your current OS X install. I just upgraded two machines to Snow Leopard last night. When running the 10.6 installer on the laptop with QT 7 Pro installed QT 7 was automatically checked for install. The machine without QT7 did not automatically check QT 7 for install.

You may have been lucky. I have QT7 Pro and my optional install was not checked. I left it as it was, and sure enough QTX player overwrote my QT7 player, and there was no player in Utilities. I had to go back and do the QT7 optional install. Once it was in, it did indeed pick up my Pro number automatically.